Shotcut is a free open source cross-platform video editor. It supports hundreds of audio and video formats, as well as codecs, and the video can be edited with Shotcut directly without importing. Shotcut has a smooth and intuitive interface to help users better edit video and audio.
Features of Shotcut
1.Support multiple picture formats, including PNG，SVG, BMP，GIF，JPEG，，TGA，TIFF，WebP.
2. Audio function: Loudness, peak meter, waveform, spectrum analyzer, volume control, stereo, mono and 5.1 surround sound.
3. Video effects: video composition across video tracks, HTML5 (no audio and video) as video source and filter, three-way (shadow, midrange, highlight) color wheel for color correction and grading, de-interlacing, automatic rotation.
4. Editing function: Trim the source clip player or timeline with ripple options, easy-to-use cut, copy and paste operations, append, insert, overwrite, boost and ripple delete editing on the timeline, three points editing.
5. Cross platform and codec independent. Cross-platform support: applicable to Windows, Linux and macOS), independent of codec and therefore not dependent on system codec, can be run as a portable application from an external drive.
6. Display and monitoring. External monitoring via Blackmagic Decklink card on NTSC monitor, additional system display / external monitoring on monitor, UI theme / skin: native operating system appearance and custom dark and light
7. Hardware support. Blackmagic Design SDI and HDMI for input and preview monitoring, Leap Motion for slow forward / fast control.
Still wondering whether if Shotcut is a good video editing software? See how people who have used Shotcut to say.
Shotcut review from Experts
The picture below is the summary about Shotcut’s evaluation from four experts in different website.