Avidemux is a free video editor which can be used to perform video’s cutting, filtering and encoding. It supports a wide range of file formats, including AVI files, MPEG files for DVDs, MP4 and ASF’s editing and able to decompose sounds from files, and owns powerful queue task processing and scripting capabilities.
Features of Avidemux:
1. Merging and editing DV short stories.
2. Convert the format of the video file, extract the subtitles in the VOB file, embed the srt subtitles into the video file, and support multiple filters, so it is also very suitable for suppressing animations and making PSP movies.
3. Support a variety of formats of files, including avi, mpeg, mp4, mkv or even flv. Supports multiple video encodings from VCD to Xvid to H.263, and multiple audio encodings from Mp3 to AAC to AC3.
4. Support a variety of audio and video formats, including AVI, MPEG, VOB, MP4, MKV and FLV, as well as MP3, AAC, Vorbis and so on.
5. Avidemux has built-in rich video filters, most of which are ported from MPlayer, VirtaulDub and Avisynth. This includes for cropping, resizing, and expanding filters. There are also many Deinterlacing and IVTC filters, such as Yadif, TDeint, Kernel Deinterlacer, Smart Deinterlace, mcDeinterlace, DGBob, and Decomb Telecide, which enable interlacing of video. In addition, filters such as noise reduction, sharpening, and color correction are provided, and plug-in extensions are supported, which is quite powerful.
6. For fans who like to collect movie soundtracks or hotel dialogues, Avidemux can help you separate the sound from the video and save it as an audio file, making it easier to store it on your mobile playback device.
Avidemux Windows and Mac Reviews
Avidemux review from Techradar
Avidemux review from PCworld
Avidemux review from Softpedia
Avidemux review from customers
Simple interface, easy to use. Supports common output formats like mp4, avi, mov. But it is very confusing for converting video.
Unlike Adobe Premiere pro, Avidemux just handles one video clip but is easy to understand. Good for simple editing without re-encoding.
The best free video editing software I’ve use for cutting and splicing videos. It can be used on Windows and Mac. Trimming and splicing videos losslessly. Highly recommend!